Two questions.

Posted , 2 users are following.

i can't find the answer from Dr Google. 1. How long is the bowel? 2. How much is taken in an extended right hemicolectomy? I can work out how much is left! Just interested. Thanks. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello John, I found out from google that the large bowel is roughly 5 feet long and during an extended right hemicolectomy nearly half of the large bowel would have been removed.

Hope you are continuing to recover from your recent operation.

Regards from Jenny.

• Posted

Thanks Jenny. No wonder I lost some weight! The piece they took out had about 4 litres of stuff blocked by the tumour. (Sorry, too much detail.) Yes, the staples are all out now from the gallbladder surgery and just have to be patient and careful. Hope you are ok too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.