Two small holes in roof of mouth with bad smell and lots of drainage

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am posting this because I have run out of options. I have experienced post nasal drainage longer than I can remember and I have always had a suspicion that this was the because of my bad breath. Later, after seeing an ENT to remove my swollen adenoids due frequent nasal infections, they discovered two small holes in the roof of my mouth. I was told these holes should have closed at birth but for some reason they did not. The physician seemed to brush it off like it was nothing at the time but did however mention if it continues to be an issue, I may need to have surgical intervention. After my adenoids were removed I experienced a dramatic reduction in sinus infections but the drainage was still there. I am constantly having to spit and I frequently feel the accumulation of tiny food particles following meals. All these symptoms are accompanied by a bad taste and smell in my mouth; almost rotten. The smell diminishes after I vigorously clean my teeth but never for more that a day or so. If this isn’t enough to deal with, I recently discovered I have moderate to severe GERD and this has led to a complete dietary shift. I now eat very little meat and almost no spices or milk products. After all this, the smell is still there. Currently I am waiting to receive the results of a test that measures the PH levels in my esophagus and wouldn’t you know, the doctor who performed the procedure commented on the deformation in the roof of my mouth. If this PH test comes back negative I am out of options. Every doctor I see points me in a different direction and I get the feeling they think Its all in my head. I still believe the answers lies within these holes in the roof of my mouth but no one seems to have an answer. Please, if there is anyone who knows anything about this type of condition, contact me. I would greatly appreciate it. Any info will help. I need to resolve this issue which impacts almost every aspect of my life. Thanks you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could also be the Gerd...I have LPR a silent form of Gerd nd my issues i believe is from that

• Posted

Thanks for the response. I think GERD defi itly plays a role but my drainage seems to be related to the holes that have not closed up in my soft palate. have you ever heard of this deformity?

• Posted

It could also be the Gerd...I have LPR a silent form of Gerd nd my issues i believe is from that

• Posted

also, what do you do for your GERD?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.