Two surgeries on hip replacement and total replacement left damage nerve in stent reatachment.

Posted , 4 users are following.

in (6/4/2019 i breaking my left hip. was taken to emergency room and had surgery. resulting in 16 day stay stay and 7 days of rehabilitation. upon doctors okay I chose to physical therapy they suggested. the leg became unglued or loose slippage was involved where leg moved lengthwise on occasion. doctor suggested revision and we did surgery with full hip replacement. in recoverywaking up from second surgery immediately known foot and leg to knee were dead drop foot but dead. doctor says that pain I experience now is not from him but from back which is not in good shape but leg was not dead before surgery the second time. have had nerve mapping and the man said traumatic damage where bone and metal come together inside is traumatic damage not back. my hip is good but I have pain and reconnect area of stem to bone. I have no balance. numbness in foot and leg is excruciating excruciating for the most part at the time and the coldness in the foot is a terrible sensation hard to warm up. the winter months are the worst. is there anything that can be done to correct this where do I need to go. they are now ordering me pain management and gave me facet shots in upper back mid back for pain 3 weeks ago after I realize insurance was not going to pay for the procedure they did it anyway. this is horrible I'm devastated I have always been physically active I am a 64 year old woman. can anyone give me advice what to do in this situation.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i cannot give you advice because you described almost exactly my situation. 8 weeks post op and suddenly the leg doesn't work... sometimes i can walk if i sort of drag the leg, other times i can barely move the leg. i experience excruciating pain from my knee to the bottom of my foot.

I hope you are feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.