Two weeks in escitlapram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hy just wanting advice I've been on this med for two weeks now just taking ten min.has anyone else tried this and how did you get on

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am on citralopram which i believe u r on the cleaner more rifined version of citalopram. I was on 10mg to start with it worked well for mild depression not great for anxiety tbh. Side effects can b rough in the initial few wks they say 6-8 weeks to level out.
  • Posted

Hi Muza, I am on day 14 of 10mg of citalopram and it has been an eventful 2 weeks. First week especially was very difficult with panic attacks and much heightened anxiety. I don't want to go on a higher dose so am prepared to try and work through some anxiety and low mood. Some days are more difficult than others. I see medication as being helpful in taking some of the edge off my experience and hopefully I can then use other things I've learned to try and work with the anxiety and depression. I see 14 days as still early days but my sleep has improved from first week on meds and I have also had a couple of goodish days on there as well. Hopefully things continue to level out and I have more settled experiences. Stephen
    • Posted

Stephen we r sort of round abt the same stage we should be cit buddies lol how r u finding it?
    • Posted

Hi Weenett, it is still a bit of a roller coaster. I don't know what each day will bring. Some days are better than others. Mornings seem to be particularly difficult with anxiety pretty much as soon as I wake up. However I believe I was heading for a complete nervous breakdown ( nervous illness ) before I started the medication as this happened 6 years ago and was heading the same way. So it could be argued that much of this was bound to happen anyway. Some days really are better than others and it's still early days so hopefully everything will level out and be more manageable. How has your journey been thus far? Stephen
    • Posted

Really similar to yours actually started cit 10 mg 3 yrs ago and have been pretty level, abt 6 weeks ago a series of events knocked me for 6 ended up at doc verging on hysterical couldnt eat sleep constant anxiety waking up in panic, they told me it was a standard reaction to stress and grief and to up cit to 20 mg and 40 mg of propanolol twice a day ( there amazing) couldnt handle the side effects on 20 was climbing the walls so im at 15mg for abt 6 days so far i hope i level out on this. Im like u i feel like i never know how im gonna feel in the next hr sometimes im like this is terrible i cant cope but as the day goes on i feel a bit better. I find mornings a nightmare to! I could cry waking up everyday feeling pants but i am finding the panic feeling isnt lasting so long now in the mornings. Now ive said that tomorrow it will. Today has been an ok day so hopefully im getting somewhere!
    • Posted

Wrote a huge reply but coz i swore its being moderated! Not sure if you can see it? My story is fairly similar to yours verged on a breakdown abt 6 wks ago. After trying 20 mg i couldnt cope an now im on 15 mg abt 6 days in hopefully i level out on it! I to feel like im up n down like a yo yo and mornings are by far worse!
    • Posted

Hi Weenett, I have had pretty much a lifetime living with anxiety and panic attacks. In fact I think over the years my anxiety has manifested in every anxiety disorder there is! However this time it took a more physical appearance with headaches, stomach problems and urine infection. All stress related as I had the tests done to make sure. The beginning of Citalopram and was tough with panic attacks and general heightened anxiety state but I am hopeful now I can help myself with some self help stuff I've learned over the years and that the medication stays on this low dose until I feel in a good enough place to stop it. Keep me posted how you're doing as its good to be on a journey with someone else. Stephen
    • Posted

Well today has been awful! At 5 am i woke up to my partner having a seizure which was wat originally set this episode off 6 wks ago i watched my auntie have a massive seizure and 3 days later die of cancer but its horrific to watch people u love suffer that ( i actually work with epileptic patients all day and it doesnt phase me) but it scared the pants of me at 5am this morning as ive never seen him have one and he hasnt had one in over 6 yrs so today my anxiety is threw the roof! Hope ur ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.