Two weeks on sertraline

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi well two weeks on sertraline had two good days in the week now im feeling really low anxious staying in bed can't sleep every time I lie down my head spins and I get pains in my head back and tummy feel sick people keep telling me to stick with it should I or do I need to stop them please help some advice would bet greatfull xxxx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Please do not stop taking this drug withour referring to your doctor first.

Sertraline can take a while to get into your system and may have side-effects in certain people.

As I said, refer to your doctor - PLEASE

• Posted

Jojo please dont stop it. it takes a while for your body to adjust on sertraline. i had it for a year but it is not supposed to be stopped abruptly..after few months the doctor will taper the dosage and will slowly take u off the medicine. what you are feeling now is very usual symptom but stopping it will not help you.
  • Posted

Don't stop jojo I've just been through this myself I promise you will feel better soon ! Xx
  • Posted

Hi Jojo, you need to stick with sertraline. Don't just come off it - even if you have only been taking it for a few days.  Make a doctor's appointment at the earliest opportunity and tell the side effects you are suffering and he may suggest an alternative. However it's down to him to say when you can stop.
  • Posted

Hey jo jo. I would stick with it. The first 2-4 weeks r all up and down with more downs than ups, but it's because it is levelling out in your system. After 4-5 weeks u should start having some good days then by 6-8 weeks u should start having more good than bad days. If by that time u r still no better then maybe an increase will be needed. I know how your feeling as I didn't think they were working for me and I felt I would never be back to me, but I can finally say I can see light at the end of the tunnel which I never thought I would. When I was just starting I used rescue remedy to get me through the anxious days (have u heard of it?) u can take it with sertraline and is very safe as even kids and pets can use it. You can get in any supermarket or chemist and only cost a few pounds but it really does work. I have just been upped to 100mg after 8 weeks on 50mg as I was still getting a few anxious days. The best thing is to get up and do something, even if it's just the washing up or a load of washing, just try and keep busy and do something that distracts you. I hope you start feeling better soon and let me know how u get on x
  • Posted

Thanks everyone my whole body feels numb its a horrible feeling will stick with it for a bit but feel like it's making me worse rather then better 

• Posted

As mentioned, it takes a while for sertraline to get into your system, however by 2 weeks your body should become accustomed to it, and initial side effects would have disappeared. If you are still having these side effects/feel the medication is making you worse than better then consult your  GP/psychiatrist etc
  • Posted

Stick at it jojo and dont do anything without your focs approval ive been on sertraline over 3 years now and like you it was a roller coaster to begin with any concerns speak to your doc
  • Posted

Do not stop taking it! I have been on this same drug fir almost 2 years now and it will help you I promise! It took almost a month before I started to feel better but you will get there! Sometimes I still have episodes that may last a week or two but you will notice they are not as bad with the meds! I have went from 25 mg to 50 mg and back and forth when I need it according to the doc! You will get better I can promise you that! Remember the power of prayer helps so much and heals! Hope this helps God bless☺️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.