Two weeks post op for Anterior & Posterior repair with Hysterpoxy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All,

Hoping you can help. had surgery two weeks ago feeling ok still swollen but pain minimal however since Tues i have had a migraine every day! Is this normal? I also had a mirena coil fitted so wondering if this could be the issue but it's making me anxious and unsure of whether i need to call the doctor?

Thanks x

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa.

Ive just had exactly same procedures (4 wks ago) but not had any headaches. Mirena releases small amounts of progesterone and headaches/migraine are listed as one of possible side effects. It's usually oestrogen that's more likely to cause headaches but it's possible to be sensitive to progesterone - my daughter had a prog-based implant and had headaches all the time. Are you drinking plenty of water/liquids? Constipation can cause headaches. too. If neither of thise perhaps time for a call to your gp before weekend. Hope you get this sorted 😊 x

• Posted

Thanks lizzie. I am probably not drinking enough water to be honest i prefer coffee so will try that. As soon as i posted the headache has now eased thank god!

How are you feeling at 4 weeks? My back is tender but think its due to being sat on the sofa for days ha ha xx

• Posted

Hi Lisa. Yes too much caffeine can dehydrate you and cause headaches - decaf tea or coffee is OK - I've been on it for years lol. I have a bad back anyway so I knew all the sitting/lying around (and not exercising) would be bad which is probably why I've got mobile so quickly. Have had more pain from my back.then the op lol. If you're on Facebook look for the APOPS group. I joined and it's great - 78k members so you get a variety of responses, advice and comments when you post. A private group so no- one else outside the group can see your posts - It was started by Sherrie palm who for years has been trying to increase POP awareness. It's still stuns me that no-one seems to low about it til they've got it! Good luck with you're recovery - we're all different but rest combined with gentle walking seems to be the best thingolf. Hugs 😊 x

• Posted

I do drink decaff coffee as i take medication for anxiety and if i drink caffine it makes me jittery 😂

I am on the facebook group its fab and has made me feel less alone!

Ive been quite mobile have been sat on the sofa luckily my mum is retired so is helping out and my hubby has been amazing as we have an 11 month baby boy!

Still cant believe so many women are having to deal with this. I was 38 yesterday never in a milllion years did i know prolapse existed let alone that i would be having to have an op!

Im so aware of how easy i have to take it as i dont want the repairs to fail. Havent been brave enough to look yet ha ha.

How long did you wear the compression stockings for?

Going to try and pop out tomorrow if only for an hour need some fresh air xx

• Posted

They said in hospital I didn't need to wear them when I went home 3 days post-op. But then I was given other info which turned out to be wrong so don't rely on my experience! Glad you're on the group - yes it's fab. I found this one first then fb just before I went in. It breaks my heart all the young women with prolapses and many with awful complications. Is it right that you don't get told to do pelvic floor exercises after you've had baby now? I have to say I never did mine as much as I should have done (I'm 57) - just didnt know the implications - needs to be far more education so girls from puberty do them as routine and women are checked and told about it at routine exams eg smears. .hope yours carries on healing well. Take as much advantage of the help for as long as you can! 😊 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.