Two weeks to go!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am nearly there and becoming paranoid about cutting myself. Is it anywhere on your body you need to be careful or just your legs? I keep knocking my fingers (especially the knobbly ones). I shall be watching channel 5 tonight! Thanks for the heads up.

GG

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Be careful EVERYWHERE. Any opening in the skin is an opportunity for bacteria to enter with the potential to become infected. First, if you do have any open areas or inflections, your surgery should be canceled. Secondly, your body has enough work ahead with the task of healing from your surgery and will need every ounce of energy to help you heal - not to be fighting other infections. Your surgical incision will be a large potential infection, so keep yourself well in every possible way prior to and following your procedure.

• Posted

OK thanks Dee. It's mostly my hands I'm worried about - the more I worry, the more I seem to knock them!

GG

• Posted

Did they swab your nose ? they did mine a week or so before surgery and found i had an infection in my nose so had to use antibacterial cream up it for a week . It was some sort of staff infection but not the bad one .

• Posted

Hi Jenny, yes I had all the pre op tests - no problems. I started to watch the op on channel 5 but couldn't stay awake!! I saw enough though. When I had my pre op the registrar told me they cut the ligaments in a TKR but last night's op seemed to avoid this. Different surgeon's technique may be? I may have just the uni - although I would rather have the TKR because I can't see how only part of my knee can be affected. GG

• Posted

i was told when i had my first one ,7 years ago not to bother with a partial as would just need redoing later on . Things may have changed and I was going to have partial this time then last mri showed more damage , so surgeon changed his mind . The knee had got worse in a month

• Posted

Yes I am kind of hoping mine has too. The other knee definitely has!! GG

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.