Two weeks tomorrow from rotator cuff surgery and having these spasms still

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it normal for having spasms and I’m still sleeping in my trusty lounger. I can hold a cup of coffee in my left hand now. Yipeee. I read about one of you falling in the garage. That is what I did back in November slipping on liquid laundry detergent.  At 66 years young it played havoc on my entire body.  Reading everyone’s comments has been good for me to read to know what to expect what wow...this surgery SUCKS. Bless you all for a good recovery. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The spasms will go away! I think what happens is the nerves are trying to reconnect and heal, which causes those spasms. I had them to the point  of where it felt like sharp knife pains in my shoulder. But after about a week they went away. I am 12 weeks postop tomorrow. Yippee doing stretches, seeing my PT twice a week and things are moving forward. Still achy from time to time. But getting better every day. Good luck with everything 
    • Posted

Thanks Mia and you were right spasms are not as bad but it seems like in the evening is when they hit me hard. I’ve been trying to exercise more and not to think about the pain but it’s hard not to think about it. I go to doctor next Friday  and he will do x-rays first and maybe I can relax a little when I know that everything is OK but that it just takes time to heal. My husbands policeman buddy who is 6 foot seven had rotator cuff surgery about three months ago and he started preparing me then of how the pain was going to be. Anyone that has had this can understand what it feels like. The doctors do their job but they can’t make us feel better mentally can they??? If they themselves haven’t had this done. That is why it makes me feel better to read these forums of people that “feel our pain”

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.