Two years ago my husband started loosing muscel use. He ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two years ago my husband started loosing muscel use. He never had polio. His left arm is useless. I can not find out anything about it. He had a major heart attact 10 years ago. One year ago his left leg started to go the same way. He had many test and did not suffer a stroke. His right arm is going the same way. If any one knows anything about this I would be very interested

[i:1a637da6f1]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:1a637da6f1]

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If he did not have Polio at any time during his life, then PPS is ruled out.

His muscle loss may have to do with other muscle wasting diseases - muscular dystrophy or multiple sclerosis. Have you had him checked?  

• Posted

In this case, it can be undiagnosed or unrecognised case of polio, which had recovery. As it was recovered, nobody may have labelled it as polio.

Further investigations are required to prove or disprove it to be PPS or other condition. He can get evaluated by a neurologist and necessary investigations can be performed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.