Two Years Odour Nose Mouth. CT Sinus & Gastro Endoscope Clear

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been experiencing chronic odour protruding from my nose and mouth for the past 2 years. I exercise good hygiene; brushing my teeth as much as possible, tongue scraping, and the occasional nasal saline wash. I try to stick to a good diet with restricted sugar, as well as herbal tea and probiotics. Yet I can't shake this serious odour that gets heads turning. It is severe enough to stink up a room. It seems to stem from both my mouth and nose. I have noticed that mucus/nasal congestion seems to influence the severity of the odour. Intermittently, I do notice green mucus discharge mostly in the morning. Although this isn't consistent. 

I have had a CT scan(s) of my sinuses which came up clear. I took numerous nasal swab tests that came back clear, except the latest one which I did myself which came back with Staphylococcus Aureus. At some point I wondered if it could be Atrophic Rhinitis, but all ENT's seem to disagree- and dismiss it as a mild infection with no structural abnormality in the sinuses to warrant concern that it won't drain itself. Beyond the odour I do lack the common hallmark symptom of Atrophic Rhinitis of having black crusts- mine are an intermittent clear or greenish crust.

I took the route of having Gastro endoscopic testing which reported 'normal' for the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum. I have also taken a carbon breath test for pylori, which came back negative.

I don't have rectal bleeding, but maybe bloating, but I did have a stretch of gallbladder-style pain, which went away for the most part after dietary changes.

The odour is crippling to my social functioning, and I've run out of any sense of where to go from here. All input is appreciated.

Thanks, 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.