Two years of this horrible feeling in my throat

Posted , 6 users are following.

doctors don't want to help .. so fed up 

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

my first symptom of globus started in 2014 after a violent vomitting of blood. it took around 2 weeks for my gastro to perforn endoscopy and the findings was hiatal hernia causing esophagitis and gastritis but negative for h pylori. my doc explained that my globus was due to the esophagitis. i went on to take ppi for many months- dexilant 60mg. i ate only liquid (smoothies) and very little carbs and completely avoided all acidic food- i have listed all alkaline food and religiously take them. i lost 10 then 15 pounds and got better after around 6-8 months. after feeling fully recovered, i went back to acidic food- soda, wine, coffee that is about 4 cups per day. In about 3-4 months time, it came back and was back on ppi again for 2 weeks. this time a had new symptoms- the globus is a lot smaller and it feels like is lower than the past one but I now have muscle pains. after a few weeks of ppi my chest pain was relieved and my globus was a lot milder BUT it is still there. i noticed it is triggered by bread, buscuit especially skyflakes and fita. wheat bread is good for me so as rice. i continuously experiement- all fruits work well for me except citrus ofcourse but i havent tried pineapple. i take ginger/cucumber/honey smoothie and it helps a lot. i still have ocassional attacks of mild globus- a lot milder compare to the last whenever i get to eat trigger foods. and i have to admit, everytime it attacks i get anxious- and many nasty things come to mind. when it does, i pray and think of my young kids- that the coping i do. i dont know if i will have to live with this for the rest of my life. i am 48 years old.
  • Posted

I'm still struggling, the dryness is unbelievable and I'm always drinking, I feel it may stop, but there seems to be so many things that trigger and make it worst. I feel that I'm at my wits end and nit sure how to start treating this, I just put it to the back of my mind but some days this does not help,I could just cry for it to go away, I feel it is having an affect on my Health any answers? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.