Two years on how's my blood pressure now?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I return to the discussion after 2 years because I have just took my blood pressure and it's 138/83. lately its been around 140's /90's.

two years ago it was 170/110. I didn't take the prescribed medication but tried diet changes, supplements etc.

I'm going to say the difference is weight loss. It has been easier during lockdown to lose some weight (for me anyway). I am 6 feet tall slim build and am now 11 stone down from 12 and a half stone. I never considered myself overweight and haven't been 11 stone for 30 years but it has only been this degree of weight loss that seems to have really made a difference. I eat well generally but I'm going to say the supplements and specific foods I tried didn't make a difference.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.