Two years Post GB removal and Surgeon want to to go back in!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone out there please gone back into theatre after (2 years in my case) after the Gallbladder was originally removed. My surgeon has suggested this to see if he can see what the cause of the pain is.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thats scary. Maybe he left a tool in there during the first surgery. Scary thought.  But you neve know, crazy things happen.. You would think a cat scan, mri,  or ultra sound would show up something.  Good luck, hope they figure out whats wrong. 
  • Posted

Oh my goodness me!

I had my gallbladder removed at end of April last year.

Better than I was but still getting pain.

GOt to have bloods done next week as Dr thinks I might have a stone stuck in my bile duct!

Not sure what they would do about that, we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

Good luck hope they sort you out.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

HI sarah.

i am waiting for op to have gb removed but they have done a endoscopy first to see if there is a stone stuck in bile duct .there wasent but the guy doing the endoscopy said if there was one they would remove it there and  then so dont worry the procedure is nothing to worry about i was very worried when i knew i had to have it done but was fine you are awake but sedated and i cant remember much about it .linda

• Posted

I am awaiting imminent surgery for a Surgeon to go in, have a look, then most probably revert to open surgery and remove a post operative mass that is at the gallbladder sight that is giving me so many problems.  I had my removal surgery in August 2013.  I have had really bad problems for the last year.  Was your surgery difficult?  Sometimes after difficut removal surgery problems can occur I was told.
    • Posted

Hi LittleMissDolly, I am sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble. Yes I've had problems for two years including pain and weight loss, dark eyes etc.The Surgeon that originally operated is not contactable so don't really know what happened n the original op! He said it was ok but clearly something isn't .So I how I'm on an urgent list but need to wait for a particular surgeon. I hope you get sorted soon and let me know how you get on, Good luck cc
    • Posted

I'm guessing if they'd been particular issues in the original surgery you'd have know about it.  I nearly died in my removal operation, lost blood, had to have bigger incisions that normal keyhole ones because the gallbladder was on the point of bursting.  I was supposed to be going in as a day case and I was in there for 3 days and 2 nights, the first night I had my own nurse as I was effectively on intensive care but there was no physical bed for me in that ward!  Yes, when they go in a second time, they will only let the experts perform that operation.  So least we know that we will be in safe hands eh.  Good luck right back at you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.