Type 1b. T1D with negative antibodies

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I just wanted to see if there were others out there just like me.

I was misdiagnosed as T2D for 5 years until I almost died earlier this year then found out my gp & I were right all along that I am in fact T1D not 2.

I have finally after 3 years of fighting & 5 endos been approved for an insulin pump.

I will be starting that as soon as I get a phone call from clinic that it has arrived.

I'm so excited.

I would love to get in contact with people just like me anywhere in the world. File size is too big

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the pump is a excellent choice but there a lot of them out there the best pump as of my knowledge is the medtronic 670 g which for me works very good and very happ with it

• Posted

I'm getting the 640g as the 670g is not out in Australia yet. when it does come out I'll be upgrading for free.

• Posted

the pump is a excellent choice but there a lot of them out there the best pump as of my knowledge is the medtronic 670 g which for me works very good and very happ with it

• Posted

@Bluespots, glad to hear of a proper diagnosis! These things are seldom as cut and dried as they might seem. Does the pump include a continuous glucose monitor as well?

(I remain T2 so don't have a CGM ..yet)

• Posted

the program I joined includes 6 months of free cgm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.