Type 2 diabetes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi friend,

My mom was affected by Type 2 diabetes, some times sugar level reach in hike till she control her food and many changes in diet schedule but dont know why sugar  level  that much. Can you help me to reason for this issue.

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I will assume she has type 2 diabetes.  I brought my A1C from 9.2 to 6.2 in about 3 months by doing these steps.

1. Started taking 1 Metformin a day after breakfast.

2. Started using sugar substitutes like xylitol and no sugar added foods.

3. Eat at least 1 huge mixed salad every day.  Only olive oil and balsamic vinegar as dressing.

4 Added a multi mineral, a B complex time released, a magnesium, a cinnamon/chromium capsule

5 I have recently added a second Metformin before bed which knocks morning glucose down by 10 to 20 points.

John

• Posted

She needs to stick to a diabet diet.  Your Mom's Dr needs to send her to a dietition so she can learn to eat healthier. How old is your Mom, does she fix her own food, what other health problems does she have?  Is this something new, has she started new meds, how long has she known she was diabetic? Sometimes meds will affect your sugar. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.