type 2 my brother has just started taking hemp oil

Posted , 2 users are following.

my brother and me have had type2 for around 27 years  ,he has just started a course on hemp oils , taking two drops before bed and 2 drops in the morning , he phoned me up to tell me how it was going , as he just had a stroke and wanted to try something else , well he is know sending me a bottle of hemp that was specially made for type 2 . I myself will try it but hate the idea of taking it , but I know its properly better than the drugs doctors give us at the moment .   

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Am, I was able to get my mother off diabetes drugs with strict diet, acupuncture, exercise and herbs: citrus bergamont and berberine. In six months, I was able to get my mother off her diabetes meds. 

People can argue that the things I did were expensive. But a one month supply of insulin and diabetes supplies after Medicare and secondary insurance was over $1000 for her.  So trying alternatives is definitely worth the effort- both financially and for quality of life.

I would be very cautious using hemp for diabetes. I have used hemp cream for a painful broken foot. It worked very fast. It worked so well it scared me.

Over the years hemp has been selected and grown so that certain aspects are now much more concentrated than they were decades ago. Concentrate it further as an oil? I would try a little at a time so you aren't so stoned you can't tell if it works.

Keep in mind, there us an aspect of hemp use that results in ‘the munchies’.  If you’re already craving unhealthy foods, the hemp could make it worse. 

I’ve  found over the years that researching hemp is very difficult, as it’s use is so political that yhere’s a lot of argumentative information, rather than any infirmation that would help make an informed devision. Have you tried researching  ‘hemp fir diabetes treatment’?

Honestly, I think you’re better off trying pretty much any type of bitter herb. 

I’ll see what I can find on the hemp, as its an interesting question.

• Posted

my grandson is also looking in ti it and is learning acupuncture  
  • Posted

A quick search reveals that most of the information is from advertisers. They make a ton of claims. My feeling is that if you’re happily stoned, you won’t much care to bother thinking about if it works. Surely, if you’re with it enough, it dhows in your daily testing. 

I gound this about fatty acudscthat seems useful. But ehy not just take those supplements?

‘Hemp oil contains a fatty acid called gamma linoleic acid, an essential omega-6 fatty acid that may help ease the pain of diabetic neuropathy, improve blood glucose control, and possibly help ease the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.’

I also found hemp reduces inflammation, which is believed to contribute to diabetes.  But turmeric also reduces inflammation very effectively.

After dome thought, I suspect the real value of hemp in treating diabetes is likely that it relaxes people and turns off the stress cycle. This would improve digestion, which can make a huge difference. Stress can cause the body to constrict, which slows blood flow, circulation, and can even slow the path of bile and digestive enzymes to the gut. Reduced bike and  digestive enzymes can result in a myriad of gut problems, pancreatitis and of course diabetes. Turning off the body’s ‘stress signal’ and coming out of the fight or flight stress state certainly helps health! The turning off  of stress and opening ip a restricted pancreatic duct, allowing a burst if pancreatic enzymes could be the cause of ‘the munchies’. But really, that’s just a possibility. Im sure there’s tons of infirmation researching brain chemistry and minchies...

However, since stress reduction and imprived circulation don’t sell, I didn’t find any information.

In the end, with alternatives, its trial and error. For my elderly mother, I would not have tried  hemp as a first choice. Maybe do some reading on how to try out and dose herbs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.