Type 2 Trigeminal Neuralgia

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have the more constant pain with if I'm lucky a few days with no pain and then a flare with sever constant pain that lasts for days. I'm taking Tegretol and I'm up to 400mg twice a day and on top of that Hydrocodone and Oxycodone for when I have severe pain. Today my Dr. he'll refer me to the pain clinic because upping the dose isn't going to help. Has anyone experienced Type 2 before and what should I expect at the pain clinic? I've been dealing with this for roughly 4 months and at times it feels like I'm losing my sanity and the Tegretol side affects or not pleasant, tired and can't concentrate at work....any help or just others experience would be helpful. 

2 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone

Hope everyone found relife and enjoy life 😊

Ive been told by my nero i have TN type 2 4weeks ive been getting pain on my tempel then sensetions aroung my eyes and cheek , no shock pains just

Iam from london i think iam bit young fir this

Its going to take over my life iam 29yro

• Posted

Hi Ibrahim, you are so young, i hope you find relief and joy in life I sometimes get the pain around my temple, and cheek area.

• Posted

Hi Ibrahim - Do not give up.  Did your neuro give you any medications for your pain?  I take pain meds every day and I do get some quality of life.  When you said that it's going to take over your life - it's a very difficult situation to deal with.  Since 2006 suffering with this horrific disease, I am certainly not the same person I was.  On better days, I do my best to have a great day because I do not know what tomorrow will bring.  My life has certainly changed but always try to be positive about something or anything.  This is all so new to you and I am deeply saddened for what you are going through.

• Posted

Hi Ibrahim - thank you for your reply.  Are you taking any meds to help relieve your pain?  Just wondering - meds can certainly help,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.