Type of chest pain you get ?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! I want to ask about the type and the frequency of chest pain that you get from anxiety! Mine is sometimes sharp knife chest pains for some seconds or sometimes is like heavy in the middle of the chest radiates in shoulder too and lasts for couple of minutes

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

. Strangely enough I get those too but I often find it's related to my gerd and if I can take an antacid or a papaya pill and helps relieve it you may want to try it anxiety is awful on your digestive system

• Posted

In gerd is not the same as heartburn a lot of people say it is but it's when you're esophageal muscles spasm up underneath your breast bone causing the pain that radiates out that's what I find with mine

• Posted

Hey, I'm on levothyroxine and was on trazadone and sertraline .I'ml still on levothyroxine but come of trazadone I always get pains but I presume it's down to anxiety!If you're absolutely worried then you need to go to A and E get an E.C.G then you'll relax ....x

• Posted

I have done a lot of check up for heart last month I did a heart event monitor which was clear last week a did a clacium score scan normal too! Last time I was in ER was 10 days ago they did ekg blood work and said results were normal ,,, so I'm just relating with anxiety but still with this persistent chest pain gets me so worried

• Posted

I'm presuming EKG is the same as ECG!If you're really still concerned then ask for an MRI put your mind at rest. X

• Posted

What great news! All your cardiac tests were normal. Now you have nothing to worry about, heart-wise.

Glad to read this, Aria.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.