Type of Skin Fungi

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Can someone help me determine the kind of skin fungi that i have? And the treatment for it? Thanks a lot!

Here's the photo http://imgur.com/a/fH5R8

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to your GP?  An alternative would be to ask your local Pharmacist or make an appointment to see a Podiatrist.

Good luck.

• Posted

To determine the kind of fungi your dermatologist will need a sample to grow a culture or examine it under a microscope. Having said that, most broad-spectrum anti-fungals (e.g. Terbinafine) act against many differnent types of fungi.

Btw, from the picture it looks as if your toenails might also be affected (area marked black). This is more likely if the nail in question becomes whitish, thickened, and crumbly. I advise you to seek treatment fast to avoid further damage to your nails.  

On a side note, the nail area marked blue looks prone to get ingrown. To avoid ingrown nails, it is best to trim your nails to a more rectangular shape and not to trim them too short. 

• Posted

Terbinafine!!! Be careful. this may have side effects like losing your taste buds, teeth and have a squeeky voice. Check man "Athletes Foot and Nail infections at this site.

• Posted

Terbinafine!!! Be careful. this may have side effects like losing your taste buds, teeth and have a squeeky voice. Check man "Athletes Foot and Nail infections at this site.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.