Typical wait for removal of gallbladder?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi people - I had the joy of discovering my gallbladder is half full of small stones via ultrasound yesterday and was wondering if any one else has had the same and the surgery? Would like to get an idea on waiting time, time in hospital and recovery time if possible. Many thanks, lisa

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm having the same probs.

I went to A&E after an attack which went on and off for two days, the pain and vomiting was awful!. 😢😢

ultrasound showed Gallstones, thickened wall, sludge and Gallbladder that is very distented.

I have had Mrcp scan then the consultant wanted MRI which I had last week, apparently he wanted to look at my liver, I see him for the first time in clinic on the 1st September.

I just want to know what's happening and get the blasted thing Out.

This has been going on since Feb I have had 18 attacks in all 6 went on all night the rest anything up to 3/4 hours, so I know how rotten you all feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.