Tyson Glands or Warts? Conflicting Diagnosis! (PICS)

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hello,

I'm an uncircumsized 30 year old, I had an outbreak of HPV at the bottom of the shaft and pubic area that looked like tiny hard, brown/yellow ovals.  These were all treated at the age of 25 with 100% success using cryotherapy at GUM clinic.

For the last 3 years these new spots have been developing.  I went back to the GUM clinic, a nurse practitioner, MD and some nurses said they were normal penis bumps.  Got another opinion from a Derm, and he said it was warts.  I asked why, he said things generally don't grow on the frenulum, and only on the corona, not even the sulcus!  He also said through the Dermatoscope it looked broken up, but so can papules I've read.  Anyway after he said "not not on the frenulum" I couldn't confide in his diagnosis.  Also freezing did nothing (for weeks straight), no scab and return.  Condyline also did nothing, just shrunk them and they returned in 2-3 weeks.  I even put condyline on my obvious pearly papules over the corona just to experiment, those were also temporarily gone and returned shortly.

I went back to the GUM clinic, saw another MD and another Nurse Practitioner.  MD said probably not warts, the Nurse Practitioner was upset I was destroying my frenulum and urged me to stop.

Anyway, I uploaded the pics, it's been a hell of a 3 years, these started appeared at 27, I'm 30 now.  Started with 2, now there's about 10

(Note the pics where they look larger and more white are after a shower)

Thanks!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also got diagnosed by 2 online Dermatologists.  They both said 80% not warts.  I'm still uncertain, these are not affected by any type of treatment, I just want to get them lasered off!

BTW, the pearly papules on the left side of my corona have also become much more prominent in the last 3 years.

• Edited

I'm inclined to agree with the first GUM team. They must have examined plenty of penises.

These bumps are probably just part of your natural anatomy. If they don't grow, change or hurt why do anything to get rid of them? They presumably don't appear until you pull back your foreskin. You could tell any partner that noticed, if they asked, that they've been checked out and you've been told they're harmless. Stop obsessing!

• Posted

Thanks for your opinion.  I've always pulled back my foreskin, these only started 3 years ago.  I've also had actual tiny warts before that sam GUM clinic treated, around the pubic area and a couple on the bottom of my shaft.  So you can why the coincidental emergence of tyson glands can be discerning. 

I had two 2 or 3 white dots like 4 years ago, now there's 10.  They get to a certain size then stop.  Wondering if it's hormonal, had a car accident 3 years ago that's drastically changed my gym rat life style.

• Posted

I'm worried about the ones on the Frenulum (back side of penis right below the head).  The ones on the corona are normal.  

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your other troubles. Best wishes.
    • Posted

Thanks, still think the ones on the Frenulum are not warts?  Biopsy's are also not 100% conclusive, really hope GUM clinic is right about the frenulum glands.

• Posted

I think warts usually have a rougher surface texture, once formed.
    • Posted

I guess I'll never know unless they change.  The one dermatologist said they can look like anything.  But right now it's like 10 heath professionals vs 1.  FML

• Posted

More opinions would be appreciated!
  • Posted

Hey Valkyrie, I too had a likely HPV genital wart appearing above my penile area around the groin. It was a big pearly black bump that responded to cryo although i only did one session and it kinda didnt completely get erased. But I also have this white tiny bump and damn it is freaking solid like a scab, just wondering if your bump is a solid one too? I suspected that it's a wart and my dermatologist had such a tough time spotting it as well but he just cryo-ed around that area and it actually disappeared for like a month before returning. I also had balanitis although im unsure if it is related to HPV infection.

Im thinking that these bumps could be HPV related as well or maybe just a normal anatomy, not too sure. Only have one bump now and its on one side of the frenulum. I do have to say though i frequently get tears on my frenulum ever since the balanitis occurred and maybe the body just responded to it this way

• Posted

hey i have something similar but i only have 3 2 on the left side and 1 on the right side of the frenulum. mines are much smaller tho amd not yellowish they are flesh colored bumps. mines do occationally tingle and i feel like a numbness. not too bad tho. ive had them over a year now

• Edited

i got out the shower and notice the same thing. I have hpv on hands, face (flat warts) knee and also anal warts. i look up information and this is what i found. !image is real blurry i cant paste link. search up TYSON GLAND image

• Posted

mines look exactly like those tysons glands internet says there normal but i get this weird itchy feeling around them but not directly on them. cant tell if its deeper in the tissue or maybe the urethra

• Posted

Im 21 & got this small white spots on either sides of my frenulum ,does anyone know what that is and how to get rid of it?

I tried toothpaste but it didn't work!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.