UA results - home test kits

Posted , 3 users are following.

I bought one of these testers on internet, this one in particular tests cholesterol, glucose and uric acid levels.

It comes with instructions on how to take blood sample and its fairly easy to follow, it says to test uric acid every day in the morning for 2 weeks

The problem is test results are all over the place, ranging from 5-9, so i decided to do tests just minuts apart and its still the same, 2-3 points difference between each test. Ua cant flactuate like that?

Im yet to go to doc and compare results but this tester looks very unreliable, results should be consistent at least?

Should i return device as it doesn't really tell me much, if it was within 10% i would slbe ok unless my ua goes up and down like a yoyo but how probable os that scenario?

*normal range is under 7.2

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Throw the test away.

NB 7.2 is not really normal. For a man it needs to be under 7, and forawoman under 8.

However for a gout sufferer normal isn't good enough - needs to be more like 3.

• Posted

I will return it after I go and get real test done at my doc and i ll ask him what he thinks about device

At docs blood gets taken out directly from vein?

In this test blood is taken from the top of the finger

Companies makin these devices should be imvestigated and banned

• Posted

Blood is blood you just need the fingertip blood must be clean.
    • Posted

You can take the blood out of your finger tip, your vein your toes or your nose - if it's red and liquid and not beetroot or tomato juice it's all the same.

• Posted

Yes return it. I have a Ua sure. You can buy it on Amazon . Mine is dead balls on. I have checked it twice with lab testing the same day.
    • Posted

Have you tried multiple tests within a few minutes, do you always get same results?

Whats brand name and where is it made

• Posted

Yes return it. I have a Ua sure. You can buy it on Amazon . Mine is dead balls on. I have checked it twice with lab testing the same day.
    • Posted

No , because the test strips are over $1.00 each. I have had lab work done and 3 times and with in minutes took my own test. There with in .004 of each other. The biggest thing is a 10 hr. Fast and a fingertip must be cleaned with a alcohol pad. U tube uasure
    • Posted

There is no uasure on amazon, only izzylife but i found it on some uk site, around £55.

• Posted

Are you saying you need a ten hour fast for the cholesterol or the uric acid or both?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.