UC and breast Augmentation

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had mild Proctitis for the last 5 years now, I am 22 and cannot get my weight over 7 stone, which is very underweight. I currently control my proctitis with 6 x 400mg asacol a day and have no current symptoms.

I have lost a considerable amount of weight, this has completely knocked my confidence and I now find myself unable to wear shorts/vests or any slightly revealing clothes without anxiety. This is why I have decided I would like a breast Augmentation. There is hardly any other stories online. I am unsure whether I would have to pause my medication before and after the surgery. Would my condition produce any further issues after surgery? Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Please no negative comments as I find this very hard to post.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey Madeline Maybe you could join chronns colitis for women. So much support and probably someone who has been through what your looking for, hope this helps x
  • Posted

The Crohn's and Colitis charity also have a Face book page which you might find useful to join. Search online and contact them. 

Also I am on a bit of a mission to contact people with IBD that they are at risk from DVT because of their disease, so be aware of that if you have surgery. Make sure they assess you for clotting risk prior to any surgery. This is because my son had surgery for UC and developed a clot because of reduced mobility and the medication. Not recommended.

Incidently he is 11 stone 10lbs now afterbeing v ill with UC and going down to 8stone 7lbs. He eats a good diet and exercises a lot including the gym. It took him 2 years to regain the weight and make muscle but it showed that it is possible. Good luck with your decision, have you seen a nutritionist? Sheila.

• Posted

Thank you Sheila, yes will make sure all the correct checks are completed prior to any operation (if I go ahead with the procedure).

Yes I've seen three nutritionists now, they have prescribed me different drinks. However I can't seem to get over the 7 stone mark at all! Very frustrating and I get some real down days. So just trying to get my confidence back!x

• Posted

Hi, have you looked into diet? Do you take dairy? Gluten? Tea and coffee? strong anti biotics? No one knows what causes it, but I managed to control mine with minimal medication, unless I need to take them. I had a flare up after taking strong anti biotics for flue. Then I tried cleansing the colon with 2-3 drops of Oregano oil taken with liquid. Stopped all the above diet. Used Lactose free milk. Also tried Mezavant for a week. Back to normal now. Will revert to tea / coffee for another month at least. 

Cheers

• Posted

I was prescribed complan milkshakes to try gain weight, I seemed to have a slight intolerance perhaps as they made me feel quite sick. I have since started drinking A2 milk which is supposedly much more gentle on sensitive stomachs.

I take vitamin D, calcium and zinc, msm and multivitamin every day. Antibiotics haven't really had much affect really. I have previously been on high dosages of steroids which get it back under control during a flare. I've completely given up coffee as that seemed to give me cramps and worsen my symptoms, but am still a regular tea drinker!

Thanks for your message!

• Posted

Please DO NOT get a breast augmentation. You will regret it. I was 28 and decided I didn't feel good in my skin and having bigger boobs would help my confidence. Three weeks after the surgery I was in the bathroom 15-20 times a day. A month later, I was bleeding every time I went to the bathroom. Days later I was in the hospital for two weeks and diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I am convinced my surgery caused it. I was healthy before the breast augmentation and now I am living with this horrific disease. Guess what?? Big boobs are great, but not if you're constantly running to the bathroom or doubled over in pain forever. DON'T DO IT. I wish someone would have warned me. Now I'm a part of a Facebook group with THOUSANDS of women from all over that have serious health problems due to their breast augmentations, many of them with UC. Seriously, take this warning. Don't do it.

• Posted

Hi there, Can you tell me the FB group that you mentioned. I had my surgery in December 2016 and noticed UC symptoms beginning in February 2017. I am now diagnosed with UC. I just started the SC Diet but I am wondering if I will even get it under control with explanting.
    • Posted

Breast augmentation surgery*

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.