UC/Crohn's Travel Kit

Posted , 1 user is following.

My name is Kade, I'm 26 and was diagnosed with mild/severe ulcerative colitis about 4 years ago. Since being diagnosed, I've had about four flare-ups with fluctuating severity. During a flare-up, the toughest thing to deal with (in my opinion) is having the urgency to go to the bathroom while in your car. There’s a certain feeling of fear that comes over you while looking across a parking lot and not knowing if you’ll be able to make it to a restroom. It’s practically elementary school all over again...would you want to be the one who has an accident in public? I may have just shuttered to the thought while typing this. As I’m sure many of you can attest to the inability to ‘hold it’, you sometimes become trapped in your car. Sadly enough, I have experienced this…a handful of times. 

I’ve noticed some people online talking about making their own DIY emergency/care kits for their cars, but unfortunately, cannot find anyone offering a standard kit to the public. The idea behind this is to provide an emergency kit for those who are not DIY inclined, don’t have the time to build their own, or simply someone who needs it ASAP. 

You would receive a basic kit that you can customize to your personal care needs. This kit would come with a portable toilet (with lid), disposal bags (with odor trapping liner), antiseptic wipes, bag for storage and concealment. A quick removal ‘zipper pull’ for easy access. A privacy blanket to cover up with. Lastly, you’ll receive an additional storage bag for any additional items you’d like to add. 

Please know I’m not trying to sell anyone on this product. I’m only trying to see what everyone’s interest may be. If this sounds like something that would interest you or if you have any feedback that would help refine this idea, please let me know. 

I do have a prototype of the kit built out and can provide pictures. 

Thank you in advance!

Yours Gratefully,

Kade

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.