UC Flare always ends up as C.diff as well

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had quite a year. I was diagnosed with uc in January 2016.  I went in for Hemmroid surgery in SEptember and ended up in a flare and in the hospital for 22 days.  I was going to the bathroom so much that my anal stitches broke opne causing a third degree burn in my anus.  Talk about painful.  Needless to say, every time I have a UC flare I end up with C. Diff as well.  Each and every flare lands me in the hospital for days and on iv sterroids.  I do well in the hospital, they let me come home on a taper of the sterroids and as soon as the steroids are gone.  I am back into a flare.  I have just recently been diagnosed with Pustular psorisasis and Psoriatic arthritis.  i am miserable.  In constant pain and the last thing I want is to end up back in the hospital.  The Dermatologist is recommending Humira, has anyone had any experience with Humira? And has anyone experienced the constant C. Diff with flares?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh Deanna. What a wretched story. My heart goes out to you. I am afraid I have no experience of C Diff with flare-ups and so I can hardly begin to imagine how you must be feeling.

I know it's wholly inadequate, but I do send you my thoughts and very best wishes for your condition to be brought quickly under control and for your life to return to a certain degree of normality, free of pain and discomfort.

I hope that others may be able to offer you more practical help.

With every good wish,

Peter A 

• Posted

Thank you Peter for the well wishes. I truly appreciate it.
  • Posted

Hi deanna47674 sorry to hear you are suffering with various things. I took humira. Initially I injected myself in the stomach with hyperdermic needle. It's ok you are shown & get used to it. Then when I went on it long term I had an epi pen for stomach. Personally thought Much better way of administering. The epi pens were delivered to house by company 12 at a time & kept in fridge. I even travelled to New York & took them as hand luggage with doctors covering letter & info. The only thing security checked was the ice packs. Hope this works for you.

• Posted

Thank you for your response and information on Humira. I am at the point where I will try anything I just want to be a normal human being again or as close to it as possible. I go see my GI today and the dermatologist on Friday hopefully they will get me on it quickly
    • Posted

Sounds awful. I have UC, piles and anal fissure. Back on steroids as proctitis has left me fecallly incontinent .feeling that the time for a a stoma is fast approaching just to rest the bowel. Has this been an option available for you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.