UC still playing up and update on IBD clinic.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone

Firstly I haven't been on here for quite a while.

Sorry I haven't posted with an update on my clinic date on 26 Jan, I got sent home as I felt so rubbish!! Before I left my nurse who was brilliant weighed me made a few notes and sent me away with the top dose of Mesalazine 4g.

It really has been a pain in the bum in every sense of the word, still bleeding and as I write to you I am wired up like something off of Star Trek - heart monitor (nearly strangled myself with all the wires - ARGH!! annoying). Still they "unplug" me tomorrow thank heavens.rolleyes Been having giddy spells and irreuglar heart rate (came back anaemic on results)

Feel disgusting, had mini melt last weekcry but helpline for Colitis UK were fab as I don't want to whinge about it here as you are all suffering enough!!

My proper appointment was yesterday where I could acutally concentrate, weight better but a long term problem and still on top dose as still in flare up with this stupid colon. Back in 3 months.

Diet low fibre and iron rich to get iron levels up. Only good news chocolate contains iron apparently so that's something to smile about.cheesygrin

Sorry for long post, off back to bed now (feel yuk) and untangle my wires again on this monitor thingy. I am hoping my sick spewy feeling I've had the last few weeks will hoppit as well.

All you UC sufferers hope you all get well soon.

Metaxa x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh how awful for you Metaxa, sadly it's a disease nobody can see and so we get little support, not that we always want it but it helps sometimes. It sounds as though you have had a bad time and hopefully your on the mend now. Enjoy the chocolate and keep well. Good to know the helpline is there for you and sympathetic.
  • Posted

Oh metaxa sorry to hear all that .i am going on a heat monitor where they monitor you for 24hrs.is that what your on .you are having a bad time. But it can only get better.good luck babz.
  • Posted

Hi Hun sending hugs know how you feel had sevral ecg monitors one for 72hrs heart scans etc, now GP had me doing supine bp's for 3 weeks hey ho what a disease this is, hope you get good news, rest and sorted out soon smile x
  • Posted

Hello to you all.

i'd like to thank you all for your support. I really got scared yesterdayeek went in for heart monitor got unplugged. Went for IBD bloods and felt dizzy walking up got to chair felt worse and whilst in chair my heart went mad and I blacked out. Don't know what happened, finished up in A&E!! I see some of you get this so I don't feel so panicked. Results ECG 2 weeks. Home now off to bed now.

Thanks again for help.

Take care all of you.

Metaxa x

• Posted

Hope your feeling a bit better today sending hugs smile x
  • Posted

Wow, you're going through a lot! sad

I'm now on 2g mezalazine but started on 3g, I think it's cause I'm pretty small for my age, do most people start with 4g or??!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.