UC with troublesome UTI’s

Posted , 3 users are following.

this might sound a bit odd. I Have mild UC and on the highest dose of pentasa, asacol an salofac enema. Every time i have a flare like blood and exhaustion, I develop symptoms of UTIs. Lower back pain, nausea and bladder urgency. When a gp tests my urine, the result is always negative. I insist on taking 3 days antibiotics and all is well for a couple of months. So, i guess that i must have an infection somewhere or the antibiotics wouldn't work. I think there is a link between that and the utis symptoms. Does anybody else out there suffer similar symptoms? Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have UC, a really bad case.

Lucky I'm in a big city that has one of the top gastroenterologists in the world and he is my Dr.

My husband has Crohn's...he's his doctor, too

Both of us have been in remission for years, thanks to him.

I also have interstitial cystitis in remission. Thank God!

I came down with a nasty uti in January and am just coming out of it now, I hope.

• Posted

ut is a very strange thing, as what is fine one day it can cause problems the next day, As i found years have gone by there are lots of different treatments available before my operation for a stoma i noticed that if it rained 4 or 5 days later boy was i bad now i am sure that gut bacteria plays a part

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.