Uday

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have pins and needles all over the body numbness in both arms and legs for the last three weeks can anyone help or advise of these symptoms. My left foot is constantly cold. Three years ago I had a spinal operation on my disc L5S1.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Uday, You really need to see your doctor to rule out any neck problems.

What surgery did you have? It's unlikely that surgery in your lower back would affect your arms. Try not to worry too much, but get an appointment with your doctor as soon as you can.

• Posted

I'd head on back to my neurosurgeon...ASAP!!!  A CT/Myelogram with contrast is the "gold standard" test for any spinal issues.  Waaaaay better than an MRI.  I'd see the doc and get one done.

• Posted

HI Uday,

I'm sorry to read of your suffering, I had decompression surgery on my L5S1 in November 2014 which worked but I was told it wasn't a permanent fix and would possibly require further surgery about 5 years from then. Since the last 6 months I have also been feeling pins and needles in my hands , making it very difficult to hold things as my sense of touch is also affected. 

I have since been diagnosed as suffering spinal stenosis in my lumbar region but, I have also been made aware that my growth gland has somehow reactivated, so I'm suggesting that you may benefit from asking your GP if you can get a fasting blood test to check if yours is doing likewise.

I hope this is helpful to you.

regards Dave

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.