UFE

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. Had my follow up today 7 months post op. It has worked as it was 10cm and is now 7cm which is great. I wanted then to know why I still look pregant and he said that the bulk is the last thing to resolve but Fibroid will shrink more but maybe not enough for me to be happy. I told him that I don't expect a washboard stomach just not to look pregant. Basically he said if tummy has not gone down in 6 months I may have to look at a Hystertomy for a flat tummy. He said that I can't even consider that until another 6 months has passed as there could be more shrinkage.

I said that I don't want a Hyst cos they remove the Cervix and he said it's not actually possible to get the womb out without taking out the Cervix if it's done keyhole. He said he was not sure if that was the case with Open surgery.

I'm really disappointed but at least it's shrinking and hopefully I will just be a slow burner.

He said that the Fibroid is dead and the blood supply to it is blocked. That's something I suppose.

Hope everyone is well

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia, not sure what to say really. But I do feel for you. To go through that and not have the outcome you thought you would have is pretty rubbish really. But it sounds like there are still options and that things might just need time. Maybe these fibroids need as much time to go.as they do to come.

Keep us updated and I do really hope that you feel better very soon. X

• Posted

Hi Patricia, glad you had some progress at least, and the blood supply is dead so there should be no more growth. It's disappointing that there is not more shrinkage, my uterus is the same, still swollen although the fibroids do not seem to be growing back at the moment. It is now 4 months since I last took Esmya, and I am not bleeding either, which is great. Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Posted

Hi Christine thanks for your reply. Yes I am disappointed with my tummy. I have known people on here get a flat tummy after 3 months which does not seem fair. I will just have to wait and see what happens now I know it's shrinking I can get my stomach hernia fixed and start diet and exercise I have gained 2 and a half stone due to this Fibroid. Anyway hope you are well.

• Posted

Hi Christine can I ask. Did you get hot flushes on Esyma?
    • Posted

Yes all the time, day and night. I am now taking DIM capsules, around 1500mg per day, and I am getting flushes also. To me that's a good sign as I believe then the fibroids aren"t growing, but I will wait and see. I ran out of DIM a few weeks ago and had bleeding for about 10 days, not bad but more than a 'show'. Now I am taking them again and the bleeding has stopped completely. Like you I have gained weight so my stomach is still swollen but I do not have the bloating or tenderness. 

• Posted

Glad that booger is blocked off. I'm getting from the posts I am going to have to be patient. After so long you just want someone to wave magic wand to get rid of all the trouble we have endured! Think quick thoughts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.