UFE

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a UFE in September bleeding now bad again on the list for a hysterectomy anyone else had to have this done after a UFE?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had UFE in September and I am having a hysterectomy on the 16th July. My periods have been really bad and my pelvic pain and other symptoms are just as bad if not worse. I am glad I tried it but I had no pain etc after it and my fibroids are not very vascular so they thought it may not work but they didn't know until they tried. I am happy with the plan now and can't wait to get it over. I had a decaptyl injection in March and have had no periods since which has been bliss. Good luck. Sarah 

• Posted

Oh sounds like a good plan hope I get mine soon. Did you get the injection from the gynae doc in the UK? X
    • Posted

Hi, yes in the UK. She wants to try to shrink it and check some of my symptoms are definitely fibroid related. I don't  bleed all the time but my periods are awful, my main symptoms are bowel and pelvic pain related. All have improved slightly by the injection. Also hoping to vertical cut. X

• Posted

That’s funny cause I have been suffering with piles too am sure must all be related to fibroids but who knows. I hate the waiting game just wished I had a date to go in x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.