UFE for women wanting children

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! is UFE safe for the women who want to have children? Which one is the most suitable procedure for fibroid removal that will have minimum effect on fertility?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi there. I'm also curious and following your question. Through my own research it seems we have a few non-surgical options but those are mostly contraceptives and obviously not what we want if trying to conceive. For surgical options, I believe we have the option of a hysterectomy and UFE, UFE being the less invasive (to say the least) option for women wanting to have children. UFE is also a newer surgery and seems to have good results for those that have had it done. My doctor also told me about another option is which an outpatient surgery to scrape any part of a submucosal tumor off from inside the uterus cavity.

Good luck to you!

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your response. I am diagnosed with the intramural fibroid, in my previous scans it was anterior wall intramural but few days ago I went to have another ultrasound on a newer machine which showed it to be anterior wall/ fundal fibroid most likely subserosal location. I don't know why this report is different.

• Edited

Interesting. They are both types that don't interfere with your endometrium though so i'm curious if you'd be at risk of really hurting your fertility with surgery. Obviously the doctor would need to go in/around your uterus to shrink the tumors but i would think they risk of harming your 'womb' would be limited. Anyways- hopefully you can get some answers with the latest ultrasound and can discuss surgery options with your doctor. Good luck!

• Posted

right now I am waiting as due to corona they aren't entertaining new patiens 😦. I can get appointment in other hospitals but their gynecologists aren't reliable and the one with good repute isn't entertaining me and have asked me to wait

• Edited

Sounds like you're in a different country than me. I'm actually going to get an ultrasound today to see how much my tumors have grown since I last had an ultrasound in 2018. I expect a doctor will read the results and contact me with them soon- hoping I don't have to wait to make an appointment to get the update as that could be delayed because of COVID.

Hopefully you won't have too wait too much longer to get an appointment with the good gynecologists.

• Posted

I am in Pakistan and here most of the doctors are not entertaining other patients (Few hospitals who are only after your money are taking patients only and I can not compromise my uterus by going there)

• Posted

I see. Businesses are slowly opening back up here so i hope it is the same there and you'll be able to get an appointment with a good doctor soon.

Unfortunately, I will need surgery to remove my largest fibroid and because of COVID, the earliest i can get the procedure is October. I just want it out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.