Ufe leg pains

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, Im 14 days post Ufe for fibroids & was wondering if anyone knows how long the leg pains, strange twinges & cold feelings in legs lasts for? did anyone else have it? I read it being something to do with them going through the femoral artery, but doesnt say how long it lasts.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had femoral artery embolization for fibroid in 2005, it took about 5wks forthe leg pain to get better. However I do get mild numbing pain in my leg occasionally until now.

Not sure it's from the femoral artery pain or not.

• Posted

Thank you. Ive got my follow up appointment in about 4 weeks time so will ask more if it hasn't gone by then. I know its early days & Ive got to be patient. Just glad Ive had the Ufe & hopefully it will work for me & make me feel better than I have been.

• Posted

i had my myomectomy back in february 2019 & had twinges with nerves, down my legs as i had a spinal epidural, which i still feel and the odd twinges now and then. Look lets face it my body had undergone major surgury and faced trauma too.

its all about the recovery!

• Posted

I'm going back to work next Tuesday so hopefully it will have eased more by then. Your right it is all about the recovery, thanks.

• Posted

it lasted about a month for me from memory.

• Posted

Thanks, hopefully it will get less each day. Its at its worst first thing in the morning & in the evening .

• Posted

I had UFEin August and no leg pains at all. I hope you’re doing better soon.

Kimjon

• Posted

Hi, yes I am doing well thanks. I will be 7 weeks post op on Tuesday. Pressure has lifted off bladder which is great. Period was still heavy (about 20% less) & very painful but I know this can take time to improve. Bulk symptoms are improving but the last few days I feel like its come back. I think its obviously going to take time for everything to settle down & improve.

• Edited

I had leg pain and twitches so bad 2 days after surgery that I went to the ER. They told me I was dehydrated and experiencing anxiety, so they gave me some Valium and sent me home. It took me 2 days after that to finally feel some relief.

• Posted

Hi, it took about 4 weeks for my leg pains/twitches to subside. I still have some leg soreness if I sit with my legs crossed but nothing else. Thanks for your reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.