UFE - One Year Anniversary

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Group,

I have reached my one year anniversary of having the UFE done to battle a decade long battle with fibroids. I am happy to report that I am doing very well. All of my symptoms have resolved. My stomach continues to shrink as the fibroids soften and recede.

So far I have not had a period since July and I am kinda happy. I mean after bleeding heavily for the most part of a ten year period, I am happy not to see blood down there. Lol. Which means I am in my pre-menopausal stage. I get hot flashes and the beginning was rough because my whole body felt like I was on fire. I have found nautral rememdies to help with that and I barely get them now, when I do, they are no where as bad as before.

But I did experience weight gain that came out of nowhere. So, I did my research and found it is very common. I have now embarked on a rigorous exercise regimen to combat the weight gain. I also cut my calories and watch my sugar intake. I drink even more water. I am seeing a change and the weight is coming off slowly.

But overall, I am back to feeling like my old self before fibroids took over. I am so happy that I decided on taking the UFE route. I am so looking forward to next summer, which will really be my beginning summer of change where I truly get to enjoy being me totally again.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Bella many thanks for your story, very hopeful. I am scheduled to have a UFE in January. Up till now I have been riding the storm, waiting for menopause (I'm 50) but I feel so tired all the time. I wanted to know what hospital took care of your successful UFE. If you don't want to post publicly, is it OK to send me a PM? Thanks!

• Posted

Hi Tracy40433,

Wishing you all the best and praying all goes well for you. Know that you have taken the very important step in getting your life back. I too wanted to wait for menoupause, but the crazy thing about these fibroids is that they prolong the onset of menopause. Meanwhile, you are still suffering a great deal. That was when I decided enough and had the UFE done. I was lucky that I work for a hospital and that was where I got it done. I found a really good radiologist, who had a ton of experience doing UFE. It is the best decision I have made for myself in recent years.I hope this helps. Know that this journey with fibroids is different for each woman, but there are similarities in many cases. This is a wonderful venue for great support, information, testimonies and feedback. Enjoy the holidays and know that relief will come in January for you, Let me know if I can help in any way.

Happy holidays!!!

• Posted

Very kind of you. I hope to be able to post a happy story soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.