UFE - successful?

Posted , 4 users are following.

going for UFE soon, just wondering if anyone has a positive outcome. i have 8 fibroids, largest 8cm, reading all the stories there seems to be a lot of negative experiences, anyone had a positive result?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi, I had UFE just over a year ago & it has worked well for me . I haven't managed to have a follow up scan to check what the results are inside yet because of Covid 19 , but as for symptom relief it has changed my life. I hope everything goes well for you too.

• Posted

Hi, how long did it take you to see improvements? I had UFE 5 months ago and my bleeding is worse post despite my fibroid shrinking. Bodies are strange. I think it might be due to my submucosol (not sure about spelling) fibroid. I read that as it shrinks it can start to move more into the uterine cavity, which is what makes the bleeding bad.

• Posted

Hi, to be honest my bleeding is better after UFE but it's still what I would class as quite heavy, just no hurrendous flooding anymore. I was expecting them to be very light after having the op but its a small price to pay for the other more distressing symptoms to be gone. My fibroids were intramural. Im now 16 months on & ive still not had a follow up because of covid so l dont know how everything looks inside but i feel great. I really hope things improve for you over the next few months.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear things have worked out for you. My only symptom was heavy bleeding so it's disheartening to experience an increase. I am hopeful things will improve over time and at the very least I can be prescribed Lysteda to take during periods to decrease bleeding.

• Posted

Thank you. Mine were not that different straight after having the UFE but I would say they got less heavy after about 9 months so fingers crossed for you.

• Posted

Did you have your procedure? If so, how are you feeling now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.