Ugh!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi my name is Vanessa , I been dealing with this for years as well , I'm not a Citizen in the USA, I'm so irateded with this hs, I can't have a regular life right now as we speak I'm going true a lot of pain and have a huge boil on my armpit, ugh I'm done with this its killing me slowly, I have no insurance, I need help and this is no joke anymore people are not been the same anymore for this stupid condition.. I know a lot people feel me on this one . I can't wear what I used to , I don't want a big but or fake boobs or fake lips .I just want to feel like before NORMAL

That's all I want , people that have so good could sit here and complain about there life's but I just want to be same like before that's it , my attitude has changed , Ugh I hate this new me , I'm a good looking girl that people see and would never in a million years would things that I'm dying slowly because of this stupid HS. I need the answes now and need to hurry and get ride of this uncomfortable decease... ASAP SORRY IM JUST DONE SUFERING WITH THIS PAIN EVERY OTHER DAY OF THE MONTH , people we need a cure asaaaaapppppppppp!!!!!!! Help sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Vanessa, I feel you but I do not personally know the pain but I hear your frustration loud and clear. My 16 yr old daughter has the disease and without health insurance for you I know that it a huge problem. I don't know what I can say to make u feel better about the situation. There are other non approved creams that u can find on the internet but again they are temporary reliefs. Anything I find helpful I will.post as well. My prayers are with you as well.
  • Posted

I feel your pain Vanessa, I was diagnosed with HS last year but it started in 2013. I have just come out of hospital after having surgery and have woken up this morning to another abscess 😩

It's so hard to adapt to the change of life when your used to doing things. I'm young and have always been active and enjoying life but since 2013 I have had nothing but surgeries, I have to take so much time of work, can't go out, can't go on holiday it's a nightmare , I totally understand where your coming from and yes we need a cure ASAP 🙏 I hope things get better for you and keep talking about how you feel, it will help. Stress just makes it worse.

All the best x

• Posted

Don't get discouraged or give up! People are finding that HS is caused by food sensitivities. I had it for 10 years and had tried EVERYTHING. Spent lots of money. One day I had my worst inflammation ever - 5 huge cysts that had tunneled deeply together. I cried myself to sleep that night. I woke up the next morning and Googled "does food cause hidradenitis suppurative" because I thought about how I had cooked several different recipes that same weekend. I found a lady talking about nightshade vegetables, HS and autoimmune conditions. HS is an autoimmune condition. She cut out nightshades and went into remission with her HS! I started cutting them out that day and my cysts were going down by that night! Do an elimination diet and add foods in one type at a time until you get inflammation. When you get a cyst, you'll know what food you're sensitive to. Peanuts also give me cysts but I've known I couldn't eat those since before I had HS because they give me mouth ulcers too. Google "nightshades and autoimmune" and read about it. Nightshades are in LOTS of foods and condiments. Nightshade vegetables are tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, spices made from peppers (paprika is in so much stuff), eggplant and tobacco is also a nightshade. Even shredded cheese is coated in potato starch! Good luck! Hopefully you can cure it with diet and not have to pay a doctor!
    • Posted

Thank you , and honestly I try and eat kinda healthy I can't say I stick tona routine.. But I been knowing that HS has something to do food diets , I been cutting out the late night snacks I'm not fat or obese or anything I had this since I was 13 I'm 24 now and it just worse by time, and I got to admit I'm a fries freak if I could have fries everyday I'll be happy it's crazy and sad , and sad because I'm eating what I love but doesn't love me sad lol sad ... I'll for sure give this a try and stick to it from now on ,

I'm glad I'm not alone. Glad that there's people that do care . Thank you , God bless you .

• Posted

I was the same way! I love potatoes!! Love them! And my husband is a potato chip route man so I'm surrounded by potatoes at all times! Ha! I make sweet potato fries now with garlic salt and they are delish! My HS had gotten so bad, I had to do something. It was worth it to have my life back! Getting to ride bikes with my family again was the best reward after being miserable for so many years! GOD bless you too! He's helping all of us HS people support each other! I know he lead me to Google about the food because my dermatologist, my mom and I had researched this condition for years and never saw a thing about food sensitivities causing it before! Thank you Lord!
  • Posted

I forgot to say that I have been in remission since last summer! I am very strict with my diet not to eat nightshades but unfortunately I have not lost any weight! Boo!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.