Ugh...i feel like giving up!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Acid reflux started about three years ago, and has gotten progressively worse.  I saw the gastro that was most "renowned" in the area, she gave me Nexium, which does nothing to help the symptoms.  Did endoscopy, found a small hiatel hernia, she recommended the "top surgeon" in the region, due to his cutting edge use of robotics.  Had the surgery, which revealed a much larger tear in the diaphragm- in surgery for several hours, including a valvuoplasty (spelling?).  Inpatient for 8 days, started to feel normal again.  This normal lasted for about 8 weeks, and that was in March of last year.  It has progressiely gotten worse- so bad now that i skip eating and have lost over 35 pounds.  I am starting to see a new gastro in a different hospital- he was immediately concerned, so now i have a CT scan and another endoscopy net week.  I honestly can't take this anymore, Heartburn now happens at all times of the day, even if i havent eaten.  I have cut out all suspect foods, just so tired of this.  Hoping this new doctor can help.  I am now on two PPIs, which we all know can have horrible side effects- cannot take these for the rest of my life.  Anybody out there been through something like this.?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Please just pray. These doctors are nothing but living large on people's pain. Seen five GI doctors. 3 endoscopic.brain scsn, batrium test, motility tests2 , Abdomen scans3, gallbladder test everything was normal. No solution in sight. Tired and depressed. Vomiting everything l eat. Life styles totally ruins. Colonscopy too.

• Posted

A friend had the same systoms as you. It turned out to be GERHD. You may want to inquire about that.
    • Posted

Maybe you are intolerant to a specfic food(s).  Ask for allergy testing to be done.  Try keeping a food diary to identify a possible food trigger. 
  • Posted

I just recommended someone else to ask about GERHD. That may be your problem.
    • Posted

Thanks. I will ask for that. I was told to follow-up with my Gi yesterday. So definitely i will ask. Options are very limited.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.