Ugh uti isn't getting any better 4x antibiotics :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a uti for about a month I don't have any pain but now just the frequent urge to urinate after 3 failed attempts with anti biotics they final did a culture and I was given selexid I immedietley felt relief however 2 days in to the 3 day course and my urine urgency is back help!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you are going through this! I’m suffering a UTI right now as well, I’m on Macrobid and it seems to be helping. Did the bacteria in the culture show E. Coli? If so you should research and try the supplement D-Mannose! It comes in a variety of brands but it’s a type of natural sugar that attaches to the bacteria, preventing the bacteria (only works for E.coli) from sticking to your urinary tract. You take it multiple times a day, drink a lot of water and flush it right out when you pee. It comes in pill or powder form, but they say the powder works more effectively. I have recurrent UTI’s and I use this to help bring down the infection and I’m going to start using it as a preventative measure. This works wonders for some people! You should really check it out.
  • Posted

So sorry about your UTI. I wish you better. Have you done an ultrasound scan on your bladder? Just to check if you are voiding completely when you pee. Residual urine in the bladder is a high cause of recurrent or stagnant utis. In this case, in this case your GP may place you on maintenance antibiotics to prevent evaluation of infection. Discuss with your GP. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.