Uh Oh, I think I overdid it

Posted , 9 users are following.

did all exercises yesterday morning.  Feeling pretty snug until I felt a sharp, burning pain on left side of kneecap.  It doesn't feel as bad today, but now afraid to "poke the bear."  

Anybody else ever experience this?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry too much. In the first few weeks you get all sorts of pains, and sharp feelings, stabbing pains etc.

You possibly just pulled some adhesions apart.

Rest today, and go gently for a day or two.

excersices do tend to cause a lot of weird pains, it's normal.

• Posted

Oh TY.  I am doing just what you suggested.  Feel much better about it now 🤒

• Posted

It's easy to get panicky when you don't know what to expect, and think you've damaged yourself.

I've had both knees done, and believe me I was a lot more relaxed about the second one😊

• Posted

I think these types of flare ups are typical when you overdo things. Whenever I do that, I ice and try to stay off and rest it. Sometimes rubbing around the area can help as well. Hope it's feeling better soon!

Michelle

• Posted

Burning sensation goes on and on, gets less but I still have at a low level at 18 weeks
  • Posted

My surgeon said that I cannot hurt either of my knees TKR doing my exersizes, it is only the muscles and nerves that are feeling your exersizing smile

• Posted

Your knee will always tell you when you did too much.  Back off...then resume...gradually.  Try a FitBit or pedometer.  Find your pain point then back off.  Track your steps every day and increase over time.  At 5 weeks, I did 8,000+ steps and paid dearly for the mistake.  Be smart...
    • Posted

Thanks that's exactly what I did.  Now back on regular routine.  

• Posted

What kind of exercises were you doing, and for what condition? I had a similar issue when I was doing knee bend ROM exercises laying on my stomach, and I pulled my knee toward my but with my my hand.  I felt something pop, and It hurt for a full 7 days after that. Fortunately I didn't tear a tendon, but it put my pt back a whole week.

• Posted

Just doing ones on sheet from PT, but I think I got overzealous.  I laid off a day and gradually got back to normal; although I feel a little jolt once in a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.