UK Wet Ones

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've read that the right Wet Ones in the USA are the red packets but am struggling to work out which ones are the 'correct' ones in the UK.  I have a pink pack which are Wet Ones Be Cute Delicate; and a turquoise one which are Wet Ones Be Gentle Sensitive.  I'd be really grateful for a clear stear on exactly which ones people are using to good effect?  Thank you.  Best wishes, Jo

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

The uk ones have a smaller dose of the ingredient benzethonium chloride. I think it's .097%. Where as the red ones avail in us have .3%. Therefore the red ones work better . I hope this helps

Janet

• Posted

Hi , but can you purchase these in the uk still ? I ordered a tub of the red ones and received a Pink topped tub instead .

How about using hand sanitizer on the very tip of a cotton wool bud instead .( Q-tip ?) Leave for 30 secs or so then wipe off and rinse the eye with drops in case there was any anti-bac still present .

Personaly I've found eye lid and lashes cleaning twice a day and boosting the immune system with omega 3 , reducing yeast in the gut with caprilic acid , and then a month later topping up with bio-cultures has worked for me . I am not going to tempt fate and say that I'm cured , but instead say that i have it "under control " !

• Posted

Under control is as good as you can hope for David!! I don't think it is possible to get the .3% ones in uk. I did get face wipes from Canada that someone suggested on this site. Merida wipes. That is what I use now. In not sure how much if the Benzethonium chloride is in them but it's great to be able to wipe my whke face with them. Like u David I seem to face it under control!
    • Posted

Yes it does, thank you: is it possible to get the American ones delivered to here in the UK, do you know?  Best wishes, J.
    • Posted

I am in Ireland. I ordered them fpm amazon .com. Not amazon. Uk it had to be .com. The postage cost more than the wipes but it was worth it. Joke this hrlos
    • Posted

Hi Janmin,

Can I ask how you apply the wet wipes? I've read alot about using them but not how to use them

Cheers,

Mark

• Posted

Hi mark 

to answer your question about how you use the wet ones the way I use them is you cut a sheet in strips and then you cut them into small squares then you rub the square on your eye lash rim, but use one square only once, one square for top lash line one square for bottom lash line. If you wrap the little square round a q tip you might find it easier. Hope this helps if you need any more info about wet ones find the posts from Lynda 79 Jeanette 

• Posted

good to hear and i hope this encourages others !
    • Posted

Thank you, I really appreciate this - will do the same!  Best wishes, J.
  • Posted

Dear Jo,

Honjon, on this site, used the UK wipes. He had the oily problem really bad. The ones he used had Benzalkonium Chloride in them. It is a Quat too. People have mentioned that they seem to be irritating to some. It did work for him. Look up his comments.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

Hope

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.