Ulcer *graphic*

Posted , 4 users are following.

I woke up yesterday and noticed itching and pain down there. I found a small ulcer that has progressed rapidly over the last 48 hours. now there are multiple. They were pink with granulating tissue at first, and now they have white slough covering them. My discharge is thick and white and i am having signs and symptoms of thrush. I am not a virgin, but haven't had sex in nearly 6 months. I have only had sex with one partner, and he has only ever had sex with me. The ulcers themselves are not painful, but i have generalized itching. I am making a doctors appointment first thing tomorrow but im terrified. I work in healthcare so it's not unlikely that i could have been exposed to something. The one picture is from this morning when i woke up, the other is from an hour ago. image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

u need to visit a doctor for testing

• Posted

iv seen people with herpes look like that its better to b on the safe side other things can cause it to friction being one also yeast could cause it if u have been having symptoms... but i wouldnt rule stds out if u have been sexually active id say get checked

• Posted

Hi,

At a glance, this is not Herpes. Many bacteria, or fungal infections can cause this. It's practically impossible to tell you what exactly caused it unless they take a small sample and culture it.

In the occupation you mentioned , do you manipulate any fluids? (blood, Feces, etc..).

• Posted

sometimes, but ive always been very cautious to use gloves whenever coming in contact with body fluids. you dont believe it is an STD?

• Posted

Hello,

Cannot say for sure if it's caused by an STI. But STIs that cause ulcers commonly are herpes simplex, stage 1 syphilis and Chancroid. Being HSV the most common.

Since you had sex 6 months ago, the chances of it being an STI is less likely, referring to Syphilis in this case. HSV ulcers are very painful, numerous, and non suppurative,by the description of your ulcers and by the image, those ulcers are to large, non painful, and suppurative (pus), contrary to HSV.

For a definitive diagnosis, go to your Gyn and get all tests done.

If you have any question, I'm are your service!

My best wishes!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.