Ulcer like mark near wisdom tooth/back of mouth on the lower half.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since yesterday, I’ve had this terrible pain, which thankfully has now subsided rather than being constant. But it’s still there when I speak or eat, practically moving the left side of my jaw.

My wisdom tooth is still to come through, so initially I thought the dull pain was due to it finally coming through. But yesterday morning I noticed there’s an ulcer like mark near this, sort of against my gum and cheek at the side. It’s quite small in size but long in length, and unlike the usual ulcers I have, it’s somewhat yellow/gold in colour with a red circle in the centre. I can’t help but worry this could be an infection? Or could I have just bit this area of my mouth somehow, say when eating. I have no idea what it could be, and if it doesn’t go away within the next few days I’ll ensure to make a dental appointment. 

Does anyone know how I could attach in a photo to make this a little more clear? I feel it’s quite difficult to describe. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey, I posted something very similar to this - I put up a picture, let me know if yours is like this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.