Ulcer pain how long does it last?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was scoped to find a 8 milimeter ulcer at my antrum. Have been taking a lot of NSAIDs over the years for cronic back pain. On pro tonic for about 6 weeks. Probiotics for about 4 months and mastic gum for about 3 months. Just looking for feedback of the time it took others to feel better. It does not hurt when I 1st get up but gets worse during the day. I don't know if it's because my stomach is now vertical and the acid is at the bottom of my stomach? Any feed back would be appreciated . Thanks

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

have you not been prescribed omoprizal? ( think that's how you spell it). Worked wonders for me. As your GP
    • Posted

How long have you been dealing with your ulcer? Thanks
    • Posted

I was diagnosed about 4 years ago Went on omopryzal daily for about 6 months. Now I only take it when it kicks off, usually after rich or greasy foods
    • Posted

The omopryzal Did heal it as I went back for another endoscope 2 months after the first one and the ulcer had healed. Still get the reflux Now and again
  • Posted

It will probably take a few weeks for the pain to subdue. I am almost nearing my 3 month treatment on PPI for duodenal ulcers and still get burning sometimes which is scaring me. I hope to get another endoscopy and see why they haven't healed completely. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I am getting discouraged myself as it seems to be getting better and has moved over to under my right rib but still painful. I am going back for a appointment in 3 weeks were he will determine a scope. I can't get much feedback from the doctor as to time frame to heal and if 8 mm is a large ulcer.
    • Posted

Yup I too am discouraged but have hope, its weird I get tightness under my left rib not right. Also drink one glass of cabbage juice per day, its nasty but I heard good things about it. I avoid fried foods, alcohol, high fat foods (exception of nuts doesnt seem to hurt me), acidic foods like its the plague. Drink plenty of water up to 8 glasses a day and try to workout.  My appointment is also in 3 weekish near end of June. I will request to be tappered off PPI and see how that goes. Goodluck.
    • Posted

I was told to return 8 weeks after my first one so they could see if it had healed. I wonder why you weren't told the same. Is it different procedure in different areas. I'm NW. But my friend in Wales was also told to return after 8 weeks for repeat 
  • Posted

Tim my ulcer was treated for 8 weeks with an H2 blocker. Then went on to a daily  maintenance dose of zinc carsonine tablets. Havent had the dreaded back pains come back and only get the odd burp instead of dozens of times an hour!
  • Posted

How are you feeling? I hope you managed to get Omeprazole, it's an acid blocker that works wonders.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.