Ulcerative Colitis/arthritis pain management

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have Ulcerative colitis  and am now getting arthritis esp. when I have a flare up. My gastro has told me not to take any NSAIDS.  I can take tylenol but anyone who has artritis knows tyleonol does nothing for joint pain.   My family dr. tried me on Cymbalta which was incredible for pain, however it started to make me very depressed after 4 to 5 weeks and I had to make the decision to stop, esp from how hard I heard it was to stop it.   This week she started me on 25 mg of Gaba Pentin 2 times daily.   It is a low starting dose so I don't know how well it will work but I googled  gaba pentin and colitis and it say Gaba can make your stomach bleed and actually cause colitis.  Does anyone with Chrohns or colitis take Gaba for pain and how does it work for you?  If now what do you take for pain management?  Does the Gaba really  make you gain as much weight as I read?  Thanks for any help

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.