Ulcerative Colitis Flare up after 6 years in remission

Posted , 3 users are following.

Started a flare up 3 weeks ago. Taking Prednisone 40mg + asacol 6 tablets plus Uceris still no improvements .. do I need to consder Entavia or Humira or it is normal recovery time?I am 68 years old . Had UC first time in 2012. Had  been in remmisssion for 6 years. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you eat a lot of red meat?

Have you ever tried MesalaMine liquid not foam enema?

• Posted

I am vegetarian .. never had any meat.  Did try Mesalmine Liquid for 3 days but then stopped. It was making me go to Bathroom more frequently at night.So now I am using 6 ASAcol, 40 mg of Prdnisone +Canasa Suppository at night .May be I should start on Wesalamine Liquid Enema  again..
  • Posted

I'm not a doctor but anything with rice keep that on your diet keep off spicey foods and rasins make a food diary and get a lot of sleep that can stress anyone out and take your medicines and let us know how it goes

• Posted

My grammar was bad on last comment.

I meant mesalamine liquid enema not mesalamine foam enema.

We're you talking about the enema?

Good to hear about the vegetarian, you might want to back off on all fiber so your intestines can rest.

Also no dairy for a while, eat 2-3 coconut milk yogurts per day. Hydrate hydrate hydrate with water, or coconut water is a natural inflammatory.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.