Ulcers with negative test for H.pylori

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with gastric ulcers at the beginning of January after an endoscopy. H.pylori biopsy was negative. However I had been taking omeprazole for about 8 weeks prior to test. I am now on lansoprazole but not really noticing any significant improvement. Has anyone had a false negative test? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi liz, what are your symptoms please?

i suspect I may or may not have an ulcer .

have you looked into cabbage juice, and mastic gum? 

• Posted

Hi

My symptoms started with a feeling of burning/soreness in my stomach which would come and go. I then started with a feeling of a lump in my throat. Since then I also get chest/back pain between the shoulder blades. Again the symptoms come and go. Some days I feel fine but it's usually because I've been very careful about what I eat. Yes I've bought myself a juicer and going to try cabbage juice. I haven't tried mastic gum. I have diverticular disease and so I have to be careful when I introduce something new to my diet. How are you feeling? It's not much fun all these gastric issues

• Posted

Hi, yeh I have all sorts of issues too. Gas bloat pain you name it.

i Also wondered if I have diverticulitis funnily (well not really) enough...  But my bowel moments are pretty normal? sad

well l read in the uk mail about a girl who had recurring ulcers and multiple antis etc couldn't clear it but then tried mastic gum along with cutting out booze and finally rid it in a few weeks . I'm trying some too see if it works to settle my tummy at the very least.

i hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Re diverticular disease if it flares up you'll really know about it. It is soooo painful so I would assume you don't have it.

Are you on any medication or have you had/going to have any investigations?

Good luck and let me know how you're getting on

• Posted

Hi liz.

ok then I don't have it thank you.

nothing other than bloods and physicals (feeling around)

i do torture myself with caffeine and some wine which I need to stop but really struggling there sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.