Ulna fracture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I can not twist my hand after ulna fracture and the cast was remove

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi - how long ago was the cast removed?

This is quite normal after cast removal as your hand and wrist will be still from being immobilised.  I had my cast removed 11 weeks ago after I broke my distal radius near my wrist and could hardly move my wrist after but now I have 80% movement - have you been offered physiotherapy?

• Posted

The cast was remove over 10 weeks, i can twist it small and it pain mewhen ever i try to do it.
    • Posted

The cast was remove over 10 weeks, i can twist it small and it pain mewhen ever i try to do it.
    • Posted

The pain is probably from a stiff wrist rather from the injury as you haven’t moved it for a while - I suggest going back to your doctor to have it looked at and to be referred to physiotherapy as you need to exercise your hand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.