Ulnar Nerve Injury

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello !

Three months ago I hit my elbow right on the corner of a desk. I currently have weak pain on elbow and at the ring finger and pinky.

1)  How Long Will it hurt ? What can I do to speed up the healing process ?

2) Can I go to the gym ?  I want to be a police officer , and I need stronger muscle.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Adrian, three months on and you're still having problems with this, I'd be inclined to  see a doctor/ideally a sports injury physio. I should take my own advice! I've had pain in both elbows for about 10 years. One day I propped myself up in bed on my elbow and went through the roof with the pain! Stupid of me not to at least attempt to get a medical opinion about this symptom. 
  • Posted

Hi Adrian, I agree with Hazza, go to your GP and get some advice
  • Posted

i had afriend who broke her wrist long after it was healed ,she still had constant pain going to her thumb ,she attended pain clinic and they told her the pain signal hadnt switched of , she had treatment cant remember what sorry it was some yrs ago

but it did stop .

• Posted

The family doctor told me that the pain can last for a year. When doing exercises at the gym does not hurt anything. But when total relax in bed, watching television, or now when I write elbow hurts weak, it's very  annoying !

It hurts weak for one month !!

• Posted

I suffer from tennis elbow and I was referred to a physiotherapist, who showed me how to deal with it and gave me a 'clasp' to wear when I am driving, which seems to exacerbate it [the tennis elbow]

The clasp helps.

I'll post a picture, so that you can see what I am talking about

• Posted

I have deleted the post with the link below as it was to a selling site. For general info like this - advising users to Google a term rather than posting a specific link is better as it will not go for moderation. So in this case "do a Google search on EPI Clasp Tennis Elbow Band" and under the images tab are plenty of pictures.

Alternatively you can upload an image using the icon at the top right of the reply boxes but you would need to save the image to your PC first.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

As soon as I posted it, I realised it was selling and all I was looking for, was a picture!

Slightly off topic, Alan, would it be possible to let us have the facility to edit our posts for a little while after we have posted them?  

Thank you!

• Posted

Thank you Alan.  I can see that I shall have to do a little more exploring of the site,  I am missing a lot of things!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.