Ulnar Nerve or Cubital tunnel entrapment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dr says I have cubital tunnel entrapment of the Ulnar Nerve.  He wants to do surgery, and at the same time do the carpal tunnel release.  I am hesitant because of the long recovery process.  He has told me at least 3 months because they believe taking it slow and methodical gives the best result.  I have looked for this discussion already and haven't been able to find any answers. Has anyone had these surgeries?  Success?  Unknown problems that may hinder the healing process?  I am single and support myself.  I would be devastated if I could not go back to work.  Both financially and mentally.  

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I hope you recovery goes well and your arm returns to 100% functional ability! I am to have this surgery also, but I have been told  by many they are very good to relieve the nerve entrapment issues. Good luck!
  • Posted

Five weeks out. Ugh!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.