Ulnar nerve pain from wrist to fingers

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last year I fell 17 feet off a roof and landed on my head, broke my neck in 5 spots. Separated both shoulders bruised and cracked ribs and bruised lungs and heart. I also put a nail through my wrist. The hole was the size of my pinkie right where the ulnar nerves passes. Long story short in have loss of feeling and numbness and tingling in my wrist and pinkie and ring finger. Anyway I just had an EMG done and Dr. Says my ulnar nerve is damaged from wrist to fingers with muscle loss under my pinkie to wrist. What treatments are available for this? The ortho wanted to do surgery first when he performed my shoulder surgery. But backed off and wanted the EMG done to verify what he thought was wrong. It's been 1 year and 1 month from injury. I've tried letting it go since I have other important injuries to still deal with. I also have screws rods plates and cages in my neck from C-7 through C-2 posterior/Anterior and laminectomy/Discectomy.

Any info on treatment would be appreciated, thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

And I thought I had nerve problems! I haven't been able to find out about my nerve pain that started after heart bypass surgery in 2004. Still hurts constantly . But seeing what your're going through makes me realize just how fortunate I am. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. Wish I did.

• Posted

I know by research that you can get nerve damage from chest injuries such as surgeries and etc. Nerves are funny they also can be affected by heart disease, diabetes, illnesses, cancer fibromyalgia and others. I have permanent nerve damage from crushing my neck, and goes down my right arm. They put anchors and screws in my R shoulder to stabilize it. Lyrica takes some off the pins and needles feelings away. But I don't take pain meds either.

• Posted

I've tried several different pain meds through the years. But nothing has ever touched the pain . I took Lyrica for 6 months but it didn't help either. Tried nerve blocks but , again, they didn't help either. Anyway , I finally got tired of all the tests and meds and have quit all of it now. All the test turned out with normal results. I'm told by another heart surgeon that my original surgeon cut a few places he shouldn't have. And that the nerve damage shouldn't have happened. But the surgeon has moved to the middle east , so nothing can be done about him. I understand that I'm not the only one he practiced on. Thats why they call their business a practice. I've pretty much lost faith in the medical field now. Just no longer willing to throw good money after bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.