Ulnar nerve transposition

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had tendinitis of elbow from throwing something. May 2017

Once started therapy realized ulnar nerve subluxibg and causing irritation. 

Had transposition 8 weeks ago . Most swelling and bruising are finally gone. Don’t mind soreness elbow or few nerve pinches that are healing.

What I don’t like is my pinky hurts when I try to iron or pull something hard. Like 5-6 level pain. I never had issue with my pinky prior. Is nerve just taking longer to heal that runs into it bc it was moved more anteriorly????

Dr and therapist think my surgery is successful bc bruising is healing  and I have full range motion back.

I can use my pinky to grip stuff but only lightly. I find myself avoiding using it now.

Seeing the PA in NYC Tomm bc dr is never around . I go back to work and use my hands a lot.

No one online seems to have pinky pain just numbness and tingling which I never had and don’t now.

Any comments appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have this issue with my ulnar nerve and not being able too fully use my pinky and ring fingers as well as the nerve pain. The ulnar nerve can be compressed in multiple locations to cause these symptoms as well as from inflammation and things like synovitis.  I had a EMG test to see where it was being affected (electricity is shot through your arm to see if the signal gets through), and it did not show anything severe, but I do have synovitis in my wrist, which is probably the cause. I am being treated with over the counter  pain meds and Gabapentin for nerve pain. I am being told to consider a surgery to go in and clear the pathway for the nerve in my wrist. Mostly, they ignore me because it is not a severe condition as some people have. Many people live with nerve pain or partial movement of appendages (like diabetics or people post-op), which is considered and "acceptable " level of pain by many surgeons.. I had a elbow replacement last year, and luckily I did not pick u this symptom after ward, but many who had the surgery live with some pain, numbness and tingling along the ulnar nerve sites. It is just a mater of how much can you put up with really. Good luck!

• Posted

How long ago was your surgery?

My is new 8 week so I may still be swollen inside yes.

Not sure why ur pinched at the wrist? Why is inflamed there??

Did u just get nerve moved anteriorly? 

Mine doesn’t hurt all the time only when I grasp or pull something hard . It mainly aches 

Seeing PA to know more.

Thanks for info

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.